According to Vitamix, their S series containers are dishwasher safe.
For model S30 you can also put tamper and blade assembly in the top rack of the dishwasher for safe cleaning.
If you do not own any of the above models, you should read the owner’s manual of the product you are using.
Most Vitamix blender models also have a self-cleaning option which is best for washing the blender without putting it into a dishwasher.
If you’re a Vitamix user, you may be wondering if your blender is dishwasher safe. The good news is that most Vitamix models are dishwasher safe, but there are a few things to keep in mind before you toss your blender in the wash.
We’ll discuss the pros and cons of dishwashing your Vitamix, and give you some tips on how to clean it safely. Stay tuned!
Is Vitamix dishwasher safe? The short answer is no, Not all Vitamix blenders and components are designed to go in a dishwasher. The only Vitamix blender that is fully dishwasher safe is S30. All components of Vitamix S30 including lid, seal and tamper can go in the top rack of the dishwasher.
What parts of the Vitamix are dishwasher safe?
While it is possible to put all parts of the Vitamix, including the blade assembly and pitcher, in the dishwasher, doing so will wear down those components far faster than simply washing them by hand with a bit of soap and hot water.
If you choose to place your Vitamix in a dishwasher, be sure that it is set on the top shelf and that the dishwasher is free of any debris or other items that could damage your appliance or get caught inside its components.
While dishwashers are certainly convenient, taking the time to wash the pitcher and blade assembly by hand with hot water and a small dab of soap will greatly extend the life and overall quality of your Vitamix.
Because the pitcher and blade assembly are made of strong, durable stainless steel that has been engineered to last for years even with constant use, a little bit of patience and a quick hand washing will ensure they continue to look as good as the day you bought them long into the future.
How to properly clean Vitamix blender without a dishwasher
A Vitamix blender is a high-quality, expensive appliance that needs to be cleaned regularly with dish soap in hot water to keep it in top shape. A clean Vitamix can be achieved by following these simple steps:
- Turn off the blender and unplug it from the power source.
- Remove the lid and plunger assembly from the base of your blender unit. Gently tap them on the counter to get rid of any food particles.
- Fill a sink with warm water and add two drops of dishwashing liquid. Place the lid and plunger in the water, ensuring that it is fully submerged.
- Allow them to soak for one hour while you clean the rest of your Vitamix blender.
- Remove the lid and plunger from the water and rinse them thoroughly.
- Remove any food particles that may be on the inside of the lid by wiping them with a damp cloth or paper towel.
- Ensure that all of your Vitamix blender’s parts are completely dry before assembling and using again.
- Insert the plunger back into the lid and reattach them to the base of your blender unit.
- Plug the blender back into the power source and turn it on.
- Pour a small amount of warm water into the container, cover it with a lid and blend for ten seconds on speed ‘5’. (Do not use soap as this will leave a residue in your Vitamix blender.)
- Pour out the water and repeat step 9 until the inside of your blender unit is clean and free of any residue or food particles.
- To clean the blade on top of your Vitamix, simply rinse it with warm water and wipe it down with a damp cloth. Ensure you dry all parts before using them again.
- Turn off the blender and unplug it from the power source before cleaning under your Vitamix blade.
How To clean a cloudy Vitamix container?
Vitamix containers tend to have some stains on them. This is because of the high-speed rotation, which will create friction and heat, leaving an unattractive stain on the container.
These stains are mainly mineral deposits from fruit and veggies. While this may not be apparent right away, over time the stains will become more noticeable. With time, the container will become cloudy.
Here is how to clean a cloudy Vitamix container in three easy steps.
- Put one cup of vinegar and warm water in a Vitamix container.
- Leave the container with the solution inside for a few hours.
- Then rinse with tap water and wipe dry the container with a soft kitchen towel.
It will leave the container looking brand new and clean.
How to remove odour from Vitamix blender?
Various smells can become trapped in Vitamix containers, especially if they are not cleaned properly.
Whether the smell is from a certain food or just general odours, there are options available to clean the container thoroughly and rid it of its undesirable smell.
There are several different ways to remove odour from Vitamix containers. One such way to remove odour from Vitamix containers is by using a combination of baking soda and vinegar.
First, pour in some vinegar until it covers the bottom of the container.
Add about two tablespoons of baking soda and then shake well. This will cause a lot of fizzing, and that’s okay! Simply let it sit overnight and then rinse it out with water. This may have to be done a couple of times, so it’s important to be patient!
Another possible solution is to use salt and lemon juice to remove the odour from the Vitamix container.
First, cut half a lemon into several pieces and then pour salt over them. Add enough water until the container is half full.
Shake well, and then allow it to sit overnight. Doing this once should help resolve the smell, but if it persists another time or two may be necessary.
There are also products that are specifically designed for removing odour from Vitamix containers.
One such product is called Odoban, which is effective and easy to use. Simply spray the Odoban directly onto the container, and then wipe it away or rinse with water.
After trying several solutions, if none of them works effectively then it may be necessary to purchase a new Vitamix container.
No matter which method you choose for keeping your Vitamix clean and functional, always remember to unplug the appliance after every use and allow it to completely cool before attempting to disassemble any of its parts.
Doing so will not only protect you from the blade assembly but also ensure that none of your components rust or get damaged if they come into contact with water while still warm.