Yes, you can use your Vitamix as a food processor. You can use it for much more than that. You can chop, dice, grate and knead with a Vitamix blender at the same accuracy level as with a processor.
It will be easy too. You wouldn’t need too many extra containers and the hassle of cleaning.
If I say Vitamix is the King of kitchen blenders that won’t be an exaggeration. You will start to believe this once you go through this article.
Is Vitamix a Food Processor too?
Vitamix is one machine that can be used for so many things, that’s marvelous. You would be wondering what foods can you process in a Vitamix blender.
- Can you cut onions in a Vitamix? Yes!
- Can you cut nuts in a Vitamix? Yes!
- Can you shred carrots in a Vitamix? Yes!
- Can you grate cheese in a Vitamix? Yes!
You can do everything a food processor can with your Vitamix blender. And this article is proof of this with evidence from the videos.
Can you use Vitamix as Food Processor?
Yes, if used properly at reasonable speeds a Vitamix can both coarse and fine chop.
Like all other blenders, a Vitamix blender can also work as a food processor as well as other blending and grinding machines. You will need to run the blender slowly and constantly mix the veggies or other stuff.
At high speeds, Vitamix will crush the ingredients to hell and blend is to dust.
How to use Vitamix as Food Processor to chop/shred/grate?
By following the steps below, You can use a Vitamix instead of a food processor to chop vegetables easily.
- Put a handful of vegetables (about one and a half cups) in the container. You do not need to fill the jar for good results.
- Start the blender at the lowest speed by keeping the dial at speed level 1.
- At this speed, the blades will not completely crush the ingredients but just move them around the blades with slight chops.
- Use the tamper to constantly push the food down on the blades for consistent chopping.
- If you want more fine chop, increase the speed to the next level 2 or 3. Do not increase the speed to top levels, Vitamix is a powerful blender and it can emulsify ingredients at higher speeds.
- After the desired consistency and level of chopping are achieved. You can either use a spatula to pour the product out or use a cutting board on top of the blender jar and flip it.
This is the method of throwing food items such as ginger, cauliflower, onions and carrots, etc. from the lid on slowly running blades in an empty container of Vitamix.
These items are smashed by rotating blades and thrown to the sides of the container. You can adjust the speed of the blades to make the chops at desired accuracy.
If you want it coarse, you should keep the blender speed at the lowest level.
You do not need to worry about over-blending because after a certain level of dicing the ingredients move to the sides and are not crushed further.
If you want a finer crush, you need to speed up the blender a little more.
Wet chopping is another superb method to have nicely chopped veggies. You can accurately process the food in the Vitamix blender using this method.
All you need to do is put your ingredients (cabbage, cauliflower, or any other food) in the Vitamix container. Then fill the container with water up to the max level.
Keep the speed at level 6 or 7. Pulse the machine for up to 5 seconds. And that is it!
Strain the excess water from the mix and you will get a fresh and perfectly fine coleslaw real smooth and easy.
Can Vitamix make dough?
You can knead bread dough with Vitamix instead of a food processor with these steps.
You do not need a dry container or a food processor attachment.
How to use Vitamix as Food Processor to make dough?
By following the method below and with little patience, you can get the perfect dough for your bread.
- Put about two and a half cups of dry flour in the container (you can use any Vitamix and wet container).
- Run the blender on low-speed level 2 for a few seconds on dry flour. This will create some room for the liquid to be put in the middle.
- Add one and a quarter cups of water (mixed with salt or honey etc.)
- Put the lid on and run the blender with a pulse at the highest speed for a few seconds.
- Leave the mixture for a minute to settle down.
- Pulse the mix for 1 to 2 seconds 5 times and then leave it again for half a minute to settle.
- Mix it with a spatula to make the dry flour wet.
- Run the blender with quick pulses again and again at half-minute intervals until the mixture is fully kneaded.
- Keep mixing with a spatula in between the intervals.
- After the dough is ready, pour it out of the jar into the dough container.
Vitamix or Food Processor?
Vitamix, No doubt about it…
Even though it handles a smaller amount of ingredients when it comes to working as a food processor, there is no way a food processor can be used instead of a Vitamix.
Vitamix grate/shred cheese?
Yes, using the dry chopping method of shredding described above. You can easily shred cheese into fine pieces real easy.
Does Vitamix have a Food Processor attachment?
Vitamix also provides a processing attachment that is compatible with only the latest SELF-DETECT motor bases of the Ascent and Venturist series of Vitamix.
I don’t think you would be needing this attachment for personal use.
On the other hand, if you have a large family or you are running a restaurant or food company then you should better one of the attachments for processing large quantities of food.
Vitamix Food Processor blades
The blades of a Vitamix food processor are totally different from a Vitamix blender. There are sharp discs and shaft blades for shredding and chopping. You can also use the shaft blade for making dough.
How to use the Vitamix Food Processor attachment?
Using the attachment is easy. The bottom part of the processing attachment is similar to the bottom of the regular blender container.
All you need to do is to put the food processor attachment on the blender base (this only works on modern smart Vitamix blenders like Venturist or Ascent series). Then use preset functions to either chop, slice, mix or grate etc.
Can you use a Vitamix as a food processor for pie crust?
Is Vitamix a blender or a food processor?
Generally, Vitamix is referred to as a blender manufactured by the Vitamix blender makers.
What’s The Difference Between A Food Processor And A Vitamix?
Is Vitamix better or worse than a food processor?
I am sure you are now convinced about the fact that Vitamix is a great replacement for processors.
Other than slicing you can process food in every way with the same consistency and fineness.
If you are worrying and cannot decide between a blender and a food processor, we recommend buying a Vitamix blender.
This blender will cover all the functions of multiple kitchen appliances in one single machine.