How to clean Vitamix
There is the simplest way to clean a Vitamix blender. Pour hot water into the jar, add some soap and blend. This will clean the container of the blender without disassembling it.
But there is more to it than just cleaning the pitcher. We have discussed every detail about cleaning Vitamix blender in this article.
How to clean Vitamix first time
In the case of the Vitamix, you need only to wash the container. Rinsing the Jar with a few drops of soup will remove the odour (every new item, especially those made of plastic has it).
It will also clean any tiny bits of packaging material that fell inside the container.
Clean Vitamix baking soda
Baking soda is needed to remove tough stains from the Vitamix container as well as other components of the Vitamix blender.
To use baking soda to clean the blender, all you have to do is take some baking soda and add enough water to make a paste.
Then, apply the baking soda paste to clean any stains off the container, lid, base or blades. You have to scrub it a little with a brush or cloth.
Baking soda with vinegar and lemon can also clean cloudy and foggy containers.
How to clean Vitamix with vinegar
Vinegar is the best home remedy to remove stubborn stains and dead fish odours from the Vitamix container.
Put a cup of white vinegar and three cups of water into the blender jar. Keep it standing in the jar for an hour and then run it at high speed. Remove the vinegar solution and rinse the blender with water.
This procedure will remove any stains and bad smells from the blender. Vinegar is also used to disinfect the Vitamix. To increase the efficiency of vinegar as a disinfectant, do not dilute the solution with more water.
How to deep clean my Vitamix
To deep clean Vitamix, you need to fully clean and sanitize the container as well as all other parts of the blender such as the blade assembly, the lids and the motor base.
Also, deep cleaning of tough stains and residual food particles is also included in this deep cleaning of the Vitamix blender.
How to clean Vitamix lid
You can easily clean the lid of the Vitamix blender on the top rack of the dishwasher. You can also handwash the lid by simply rinsing it under tap water and brushing it with soapy liquid.
Cleaning the Vitamix lid is necessary because the splashes from blending could deposit food particles on the inner side of the lid and leaving them unclean will cause the lid and blender to smell bad.
How to clean a Vitamix container
To deep clean a Vitamix container keep the following steps in mind:
- First of all, put warm water with 2 drops of dishwashing liquid soap in the container
- Run it from low to high speed for a minute
- Pour the soap solution and rinse
- Fill 3/4 container with water and 1 1/2 teaspoons of liquid bleach
- Lock the lid
- Run the machine again on high settings for 60 seconds
- After a minute, let the mixture stand in the container for 2 minutes
- Pour the mix and let the blender dry without rinsing
- Also, do not leave food products of drinks and mixtures after use to avoid permanent dirt and smell
How to clean a Vitamix blade assembly
At times, dry products may lock around and under the blades of Vitamix.
It may then be necessary to give your blades additional cleaning. Otherwise, the blades could become weak and the bearing seals may tear.
You need to clean both the blades and the under-blade area of the Vitamix to properly clean the machine for further use.
How to clean Vitamix blades
The blades can be cleaned by using a brush or with hands. But to avoid hurting your hands and to clean the blades thoroughly.
You can disassemble the blades with the wrench provided by Vitamix. This wrench is used to remove both the blade assembly and the drive socket.
After removing the blades, you can easily run the blades under soapy water, clean them with cloth or bleach or whatever you want and let them dry.
How to clean under Vitamix blades
Removing the blades is also required to clean under Vitamix blades. Even if you are using a spatula or scrapper, the blades would come in way of properly cleaning the bottom of the container.
If you clean the blender after every use, the bottom of the Vitamix under the blades can be easily cleaned by self-clean or rinsing with soap liquid.
How to clean Vitamix base
Clean the Vitamix Base and the bottom of the Vitamix blender. You must keep the following tips in mind.
- Always unplug the power cord before cleaning the Vitamix base.
- Do not run the motor base through running water. Never immerse the motor base in water or other liquid.
- Damp a soft cloth or sponge in a mild solution of liquid detergent soap in warm water to clean the outside surface of the motor base.
- Use a moist cotton swab to clean the grooves around the switches so they work freely.
- Dry and polish with a soft cloth.
How to clean Vitamix 5200 and Vitamix 5300
- Always follow the cleaning instructions from the product manual specific to your model. To clean Vitamix 5300 and Vitamix 5200, use the following steps.
- Put near hot warm water and a couple of dishwashing detergents in the container
- Add the two-part lid along with the lid plug to the machine
- Turn the machine on, at a slow speed by selecting variable speed 1 and proceed to speed 10
- Keep the Vitamix 5200 blender running at the highest speed for 30 to 60 seconds
- Turn off, rinse and drain the jar
How to clean Vitamix the quiet one
Vitamix The Quiet One blender require a few extra steps to clean. The additional attachments to the quiet one blender such as the sound damping gasket and centring pad need proper care to clean them without any damage.
To normally clean the Vitamix “The Quiet One” blender. Use these steps:
- Wash all container parts in warm and soapy water by hand and rinse and drain after
- Remember to not soak the blade agitator assembly of the quiet one
- When all the residue products are removed by cleansing. Fill the container to 3 quarters with a sanitizing solution to further clean the machine
- run the machine on high speed for 30 seconds and leave the bleaching mixture inside the container for one and a half minutes
- drain the mix from the jar and run the blender empty for just a 5-second short pulse
- let the container dry
Wash the cover door with your hands. Do not disassemble the cover door handle for cleaning. Since these parts are not directly in contact with any food. You can rinse it or use a wet cloth to clean the cover and handle.
To clean the sound-dampening gasket, peel it off the base after removing the cover. Wash it by rinsing it under tap water, wipe it dry and put it back on the base. The gasket and the centring pad should be flat on the motor base.
Do not wash the gasket in the dishwasher or it may swell. Do not soak it either or it could absorb water. It will take a day or two before it comes to its original shape
The container of Vitamix the Quiet One is designed to be chemical resistant. However, it should not be put in a dishwasher because certain dishwasher detergents may cause long-term damage. It is recommended to handwash.
How to clean Vitamix professional series 750
Cleaning the Vitamix 750 is the easiest. Almost zero work. If you make a habit of rinsing it after every use it becomes even more simple to clean this blender.
Follow these steps to clean your Vitamix 750 blender:
- Add hot water to about 1/3 of the pitcher
- Put a few drops of detergent liquid
- Use the Self clean preset from the control dial
- If you want to use manual speed, keep it at max and blend for 30 seconds
- Rinse the container with cold water and it is clean as new
- The base part of the Vitamix 750 blender can be cleaned with a damp kitchen towel. Since it hasn’t got a digital display panel, there is no worry about scratching the base.
How to clean Vitamix immersion blender
There is one easiest way to clean the Vitamix stick blender. Fill a long jar with hot soapy water and operate the immersion blender inside for a few quick swishes.
The Vitamix hand blender has a detachable shaft, remove it and rinse it through tap water. Make sure to clean the shaft dry before reattaching it to the motor stick. The shaft or the blender itself is not dishwasher safe.
How to keep Vitamix clean
To keep the Vitamix blender clean and tidy, you should keep in mind these instructions.
- To ensure the long-lasting and efficient performance of the Vitamix, do not put the container, lid, or lid plug in the dishwasher.
- When cleaning the digital panels or other shiny parts of the Vitamix blender try not to use abrasive cleaning agents, concentrated bleach or keep the food buildups for long.
- Remember your warranty does not cover cosmetic changes that do not affect performance.
- Do not use a water jet to clean the Vitamix blender.
- Do not use any cleaners containing quanitary sanitizers on polycarbonate
- Do not use these products to clean Vitamix
- Automatic dishwashing detergents
- Oven cleaners
- Steel wool
- Abrasive pads
how to use OxiClean to clean Vitamix
OxiClean powder works best for hard stains. To clean Vitamix with Oxiclean, it is better to use it with warm to hot water.
You can also use detergent liquids in addition to Oxiclean. Keep in mind to never combine chlorine bleach or ammonia with oxygen bleach.
How to clean Vitamix after making peanut butter
After making peanut butter in Vitamix. You should remove all the butter from the container and thoroughly clean the blender pitcher and blades.
You will need to fill the blender with hot water and add dishwashing liquid drops to unstick the butter from the sides of the container and the blades.
If you do not remove all the nut butter from the jar, it will mix into the dishwashing mix and become useless.
How to clean peanut butter out of Vitamix
When you make peanut butter, hummus, or any other sticky product in your Vitamix blender. It is always hard to remove the product completely without wasting it.
You can clean nut butter out of the Vitamix using bare hands but you will need to be very careful not to cut your hands with the sharp blades.
Vitamix also provides a scraper which works pretty well to get every last bit of peanut butter goo from the bottom of the Vitamix jar. The scraper is not cheap though.
how to clean Vitamix after grinding meat
Grinding meat in Vitamix is easy, but it may leave you with meat fats and sinew around and under the blades.
Removing the meat residue from the blender is necessary or you will get a weird smell and taste of raw meat in your smoothies and drinks in your next uses. It is a good idea to remove the blade using the wrench provided by Vitamix.
If you don’t have one, try a spatula or scraper to remove all the raw meat tissues and fats from the blender.
Fill bleach with hot water inside the Vitamix container and leave it in for a few minutes. Run the blender for a minute and rinse. If the smell of the meat is not gone, repeat the process.
How To Clean Mineral Deposits From Vitamix
Mineral deposits create a thick foggy layer on the sides of the container. These deposits can be descaled by using a soft pot scrubber and cleaning with a cloth damped in hot water and vinegar.
How Much Water And Dish Soap To Clean Vitamix
To clean Vitamix you need to either fill the container to half or one-third with water. Whatever amount of water you choose to fill in the jar, there are no more than 2 to 3 drops of dishwashing soap required for cleaning Vitamix.